RPG Freak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Freak

RPG Freak is a forum based play-by-post role playing site with a growing community that doesn't restrict itself to any one genre. RPG Freak is all about role playing diversity.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.

Go down 
+2
cool74
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/3Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)
Info: Ulmark
More info: A simple former slave from a south-western land. He likes hitting things with sticks, so don't make him mad... especially if he has a stick

Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Hey, I don't mean to sound pushy, here (especially not when I'm a new member) oh mighty admin, but can you say yay or nay on my character? Especially since we're about to hit the road and I havn't had any character development as of yet (once again, not trying to seem pushy, just anxious bounce )
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/3Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)
More info: A simple former slave from a south-western land. He likes hitting things with sticks, so don't make him mad... especially if he has a stick

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Mizal wrote:
^^^ I meant for her to come off as a person who's very concerned about her very precious, expensive, and difficult to

Also, Bo, where did you go? Get your butt in that thread and post, man!

Yeah, I would say I was waiting on approval, but that would be a lie haha. I've just been busy with other things, getting lower grades than I would like in chemistry, biggest LD debate of the year around the corner, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 am

Bo wrote:
Mizal wrote:
^^^ I meant for her to come off as a person who's very concerned about her very precious, expensive, and difficult to

Also, Bo, where did you go? Get your butt in that thread and post, man!

Yeah, I would say I was waiting on approval, but that would be a lie haha. I've just been busy with other things, getting lower grades than I would like in chemistry, biggest LD debate of the year around the corner, etc. etc.

Twice a week is all it takes. Roughly ten minutes at a time. Next update is Monday, feel free to show up in the thread and get a room for the night so that your character can start off on the adventure on the next update.
Back to top Go down
https://rpgfreak.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:14 am

Nice bit of writing on that last on, Mizal.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:
Info: Avren Cinneta
More info: Seeker of Knowledge

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Welcome aboard, Bo! Very Happy

Admin wrote:
Nice bit of writing on that last on, Mizal.

I actually feel like I should apologize for that one being so damn long. I kept thinking of things I needed to add or things I wanted to lay the groundwork for now so that on the off chance they come up later it's slightly less like I'm just pulling them out of my ass. Got a liiittle carried away, but I'm in full NaNoWriMo mode right now and can't help it. Will try my best to keep future posts from turning into novels though.
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:
Info: Uydr
More info: Baddass Beast man

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm

I just hate my character needs the admin to input things so I can move on.
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Haha, then stop writing posts like
"I randomly walk into the woods that I've never been to before because I might be moe confortable with no interaction whatsoever with the other players" Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:51 pm

cool74 wrote:
I just hate my character needs the admin to input things so I can move on.

Think that's bad? I hate that I sent three messages to a player so that we could play out what happens to his character but instead of replying he posts that he hates that he was to wait for his character to move on. Especially when A) the thread doesn't update next until Monday anyway and B) he's the one who wandered off for no apparent reason in the first place... comepletely ignoring the FACT that I sent an entire group of people for him to interact with outside of the inn but instead he decides to wander off into the woods that I never described (yet the player complains that I somehow lead him to believe that the inn was near the woods).

But hey, that's just me. Check your private messages (they should be glowing red) so that we can get your character together, eh? Then, when you're done, you're welcome to find something else to bitch about. Preferably something tangible.

***NOTE: You'll find the admin much more patient and kind when you stop complaining in a public setting and keep it to private messages... I've been checking to see when you would reply to the messages I sent you last night periodically throughout the day. If you really can't be bothered to at least attempt to play along I'll gladly fill in your post, but I'm not sure you'd like it much.
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:10 am

Dude my thing isn't even telling me I have messages. I got no email or anything. I don't know why excatly.

I know it is suppose to blink red but trust me. It hasn't all day or I would have checked and replayed.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:14 am

DEP I don't know why but I'm envisioning your avatar sitting at his desk crankily typing that post and it is hilarious.

Anyway it's not really Uydr's fault, isn't he supposed to have some kind of tutor or guardian? Why are they letting him wander around the city alone anyway? This kind of shit probably happens every night and then they have to track him down and bail him out of jail in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 am

cool74 wrote:
Dude my thing isn't even telling me I have messages. I got no email or anything. I don't know why excatly.

I know it is suppose to blink red but trust me. It hasn't all day or I would have checked and replayed.

I checked my sentbox before firing back. The messages were sent. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and call it a technical glich, but I stand behind the rest of my post.

The thing about my style of roleplay is that you have absolute freedom with your character. I may try to steer you in one direction or another, but I will never railroad you. What this means is that you can steer completely off course of the adventure and try something unrelated. I can't promise your new path will be as entertaining as the one I had put some actual work into, but I can promise that I'll try.

The next time you're upset or frustrated with the game, take a moment to reread all the posts and ask yourself if it's YOU that you're frustrated with, or the admin. That's the negative side of my style of roleplaying. If you roleplay like a retard, you will have a retarded adventure. I will go out of my way to throw scenarios at you that will hopefully keep you amused or help your character (like a one eyed dog that could have become your companion/pet/whatever -or- a knight that just happens to be strolling down whatever random-ass street you were on), but if you decide to ignore the opportunities (like say 40+ PCs and NPCs to engage with rather than feeding a horse, ignoring the arrival of a huge group of armed men, and wandering off aimlessly in search of a non-existant forrest) then yeah, you're probably going to get frustrated.

It's up to you man. Next time you're frustrated, if you have determined that it is in fact NOT you who is frustrating you, MESSAGE THE PERSON Whether it's me or a player. Don't call them out on the forums. It's bad form and it leads to open mockery and negative vibes for the whole community to see...

Like this whole post here. Now, let's put that in the past shall we? I'll be resending my messages to you and we can go from there, okay? (the okay is rhetoric)
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:52 am

Yeah as I said sorry about that.

Well I felt sitting in the bar was a little redundant. So I figured why not have my own adventure and do something outside.

Also Mizal my character probably doesn't look lost through he is.
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:57 am

cool74 wrote:
Also Mizal my character probably doesn't look lost through he is.
I dunno bro, grabbing a guy by the shoulders and shouting "WHERE IS THE INN!?" looks pretty lost to me rabbit
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:46 pm

What's the terrain like outside the city?

e: and from what I gathered, Tom is coming along to have his own little adventure, not actually employed by Avren like she originally suggested?

Last edited by Mizal on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:52 pm

I never said he was into that stuff. He feels more comfortable around animals then humans.

There is no bestiality what so ever. I am not endmaster. I was trying to make the horse into a pet of sorts.

Now that is done how things going.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:43 pm

It was a joke Cool. Lighten up.

But yeah, terrain immediately outside the city is similar to northern europe. Few trees, patches of wood, occasional glimpse of river. The road does not follow any one river, but makes a more direct routh south.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:38 am

Hey guys, just want to apologize for the delay in my posts, I had to pull doubles yesterday and today with literally zero notice. My brain is pretty much dead right now but should be back on a regular schedule tomorrow and I will get my post up then if the game hasn't moved on without me. (and yes DEP I did get your PM). Anyway, sorry again, I promise this won't be a regular thing. Sad
Back to top Go down
dreamshell

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Yaaay… psychopathic macho bullshit… whooo… Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Hey guys, is there any reason the vast majority of my post is crossed out? I know the admin posted that I can't gaurantee that I will win battles or pull off combos so I understand why that would be crossed out, but not the rest. I can't say that my character feels sad about a girl dying? I can't say that my guy wants to try and loot houses? And yet Cool can say his cries make me feel gloomy about the village being destroyed? I'm not following along here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Bo wrote:
Hey guys, is there any reason the vast majority of my post is crossed out? I know the admin posted that I can't gaurantee that I will win battles or pull off combos so I understand why that would be crossed out, but not the rest. I can't say that my character feels sad about a girl dying? I can't say that my guy wants to try and loot houses? And yet Cool can say his cries make me feel gloomy about the village being destroyed? I'm not following along here.

We gotta be having issues with our messages on here. Check your messages, I explained it all. I don't want to call you out on the public forum, but lets just say there were a lot of issues with your post. Not sure why it doesn't blink sometimes, but Cool claimed it happened to him too. Sounds like some kind of bug.

If you're unable to see the message, message me and I'll fill you in.

(it was faster to just strike most of it out than to cross out bits and pieces)
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 pm

[quote="Fire Couch"]
Bo wrote:
We gotta be having issues with our messages on here. Check your messages, I explained it all. I don't want to call you out on the public forum, but lets just say there were a lot of issues with your post. Not sure why it doesn't blink sometimes, but Cool claimed it happened to him too. Sounds like some kind of bug.

Actually, that was my fault. The message button is red (not blinking though, does that mean something's wrong?) I just didn't notice it all the way up there so there isn't a site bug as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:44 pm

[quote="Bo"]
Fire Couch wrote:
Bo wrote:

Actually, that was my fault. The message button is red (not blinking though, does that mean something's wrong?) I just didn't notice it all the way up there so there isn't a site bug as far as I can see.

Yeah, red not blinking. It's not supposed to blink. Message me if you have any questions about any of it.
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:46 am

Was it to wired for Uydr to notice FeFe's character? I thought his sense of environment would make him notice the girl right away.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 am

cool74 wrote:
Was it to wired for Uydr to notice FeFe's character? I thought his sense of environment would make him notice the girl right away.

Weird? Not that he noticed her, just that he suddenly dropped the shovel and ran over.
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey Firecouch, wdhat are we supposed to be doing in the first place? We just showed up and were told to do whatever. I helped then I left untill I was told what to do, so I'm not gonna be able to do anything untill the pissed-off knight tells me what I'm supposed to do.... plus if he speaks like that again my club is goin up you-know-where
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next