RPG Freak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Freak

RPG Freak is a forum based play-by-post role playing site with a growing community that doesn't restrict itself to any one genre. RPG Freak is all about role playing diversity.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grey Lake 1

Go down 
+3
Mizal
dreamshell
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/3Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)
Info: Uydr
More info: Baddass Beast man

Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:11 am

Uydr decides that he will ride the horse he had fed the previous night.

Going into the stables without putting on a saddle mounts the horse (AS IN ON IT"S BACK YOU PERVERTED SICKOS : ) ). Fallowing the group at a distance he takes time to memorize every turn they make so he knows how to get to the forest. Once on the main road he rides near the head of the group.

He sniffs air. Marvelling at all the different scents, he cant wait to match them to an animal.

He then puts his mined back on the task at hand and leaves exploring for later.

Udyr feels the mocking looks from the others, their sneers and laughter. "Is it the horse shit or the savage that I smell?" one of the men was heard to say; but when Udyr looked around he could not find the source.

The large woman rode up beside him. "Pay no attention to them, they are fools," she says in a deep voice. "My name is Felia."

Uydr looks at her and says, "Hello, name Uydr"

"I heard worse." he replays with a shrug. "Big talk comes from weak" he says with a smile.

"How get work here?" He says with smile "I here because last night I lost. Man there" pointing to the head of the group. "showed back."

She smiles when Udyr finishes talking. "I have no idea what you just said," she tells him. "You really are half-beast, aren't you?" When she says it though, it doesn't sound like an insult. She spurs her horse ahead in the group, her horse lifting its tale up to drop a steaming pile of shit onto the path.

Shrugging Udyr goes back to analyzing the scents of the forest.

Last edited by cool74 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/3Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)
Info: Ulmark
More info: A simple former slave from a south-western land. He likes hitting things with sticks, so don't make him mad... especially if he has a stick

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Ulmark rides along unsteadily on his borrowed horse, unused to the luxury of being able to ride. As far as he is concerned, although the horse is indeed faster and allows him to save his energy, Ulmark would much rather forsake the horse for his own two feet. For now though, he can handle bumping along on the large, smelly animal if he gets to fight a dragon. He had heard of these dragons in his homeland, although few ever claimed they had seen these monsters and none claimed they had fought one.

Ulmark casts a sideways look at the woman with over-laden saddlebags. Fingering his nail-club, he wonders what is in there. He knows that he can hear the faint sound of glass clinking, and the woman certainly seems educated, but Ulmark has no idea what it could possibly be. All he knows that if he were still wandering the land, her caravan would be precisely the one to target. Trying to distract himself from the strange woman's luggage, he takes a look at her servant.

The woman rides with a bow, so she must be skilled in that respect. Ulmark also notices a disfigurement on her hand, and he fingers his own scar that runs along his right thigh, the only remnant of his past life...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:43 am

The sun climbs the sky slowly, a thin line of dark smoke rising in the distance. The Northern buildings of the village stood just as strongly as ever, but the deeper they got into the village the worse things start to look. Burnt homes and stores, some barely standing and some burned to the ground. Charred remains of livestock and people lay scattered through the village.

Rivers Ridge is a relatively small village, Of the thirty buildings, twenty-five of them were little more than huts that served as homes. On the southern edge of the village, along the Great North Road, the scorch marks are at their worst; this area appears to be where most of the action happened. South of the village men work at digging graves. The party spreads and assesses the situation.

OOC: Alright, you’re there. Do whatever it is your character wants to do. Next update is late Monday night. Feel free to message me with questions or for additional character interaction.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpgfreak.rpg-board.net
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:09 am

Uydr looks at the scene before him and with a deep sadness says one word "Death". That one word seems to bring the gravity of the situation to others in the group.

Not even grounding his stallion Uydr jumps down, and shedding tears for the death of all the people here. Goes to the grave diggers and picks up a shovel and starts to dig as fast and as hard as he can.

Thinking it is the least he can do for this village that has lost so much.
Back to top Go down
Fefe
Fefe

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 1:48 am

Wandering. Always wandering. She never picked a destination and stayed there for longer than a few months. Ever since she had lost everything in a tragic accident, Edge Alabastor had never grown attached to anyone or anything for too long. Except for the gypsies. A rag tag group of individuals, of all walks of life, and all of them seeking refuge from a cruel world in some way. Edge was much like them, which was why she allowed herself to love them so deeply and tenderly. The one person she favored above all else was Miriam. Miriam was an elderly woman, who had taken her in and taught her a trade when she was a little girl. She had also treated Edge very much like a daughter, of that Edge was grateful for. Alas, her time with the gypsies was coming to a close. She knew that if she stayed for too much longer one of the young men there would attempt to court her, and from there marriage and children. While Edge was of an age much older than girls who were already married, she felt that there was still much more of life to discover. Much more adventures to be had, and places to explore. One could not do that when one was baring a child.

So, that night with a ruck sack on her shoulder and her travelling cloak on. The hood was up so no one could see her face, and Midnight was trailing after her. Edge smiled at the thought, the ever faithful cat she had grown up with. He was always by her side, the one man she could always count on. As she snuck past the last caravan, she paused and watched the campsite for a second. It was her home, the only home she had ever known, the people she had grown so fond of... A long sigh escaped her lips. It was difficult for her to leave, but she had much bigger plans. And the gypsies were thinking of settling down somewhere, and Edge just could not have that. Off she went into the night, not looking back this time only the stars and Midnight to guide her.

As she wandered around through the terrain, she thought about what it would be like to be settled down and married. Edge found it weird that she had never even considered it an option. It would be nice to share a special bond with someone you loved, but for now she was not looking for that. She was searching for someone else. Her sister, Arianna. Arianna was about seven years old when they parted ways, since then Edge has been on the lookout for her. Her sister meant everything to her, and it was not the first time that Arianna had been in danger. Since her sister was born, she had been worried about her. She couldn't help it, something about the girl attracted every sort of danger, disease, injury, and illness out there. She just hoped that no matter what happened, that Arianna was safe, and there was someone there to love her and take care of her.

The smell of earth, plants, trees and water captivated her. Edge decided to hum a happy tune as she walked as far away from the gypsies as possible. At this point, Midnight was happily resting on Edge's shoulder as she walked. He wasn't heavy, but warm and soft. She enjoyed him laying across her shoulders as she walked in the cold night, it was comforting. As she wandered, she wondered where she would end up and who she would meet. Little did she know, that she was about to be swept up in the adventure of a lifetime. As she neared what seemed to be a village, Edge decided to make camp there and sleep for the rest of the night as she was going to need her strength for her journey tomorrow. She pulled out her blanket from her ruck sack and smoothed an area so she could sleep. As she curled up in the darkness, she found Midnight curled up against her, and gently played with his fur.

"I'm still wondering if this was a good idea." she said to no one. Midnight gently mewed in response. "Yeah, you're right... Guess we'll find out soon enough."

With that, she closed her eyes and slowly drifted off into sleep. She slept the night away, and had dreams of fond times with the gypsies. The sunlight came peeking through the canopies and gently caressed her face. Edge shifted, and woke to Midnight purring happily at her. She smiled, stretched and looked around. She had chosen a really pretty place to set camp in. This pleased her as she pulled some food from her sack to eat. She offered Midnight some jerky and cheese, and he happily ate the offerings. As she packed up after she was done, she continued walking. Still not sure of her destination, she began humming her happy tune. Once she reached the edge of the woods, she found a village.. A village not much bigger than hers. It was.. Destroyed. All of it, burnt to the ground. Whomever had survived such a disaster was helping to dig graves. Edge shuddered at the thought as she looked around. So many memories came flooding back, that small tears hugged her pale pink cheeks and slowly made their way to the ground, littering it with small dew drops of water. Edge tightened her coat around her, and shuddered as if a winter chill had crept up on her. It was all too familiar. So familiar in fact, she could still hear the cries of mothers separated from their children. Men shouting for more water buckets from the wells. Edge walked closer and closer to the village, but found no courage to ask where she was and what happened. She stood there in stunned silence, waiting for someone to come along and break her reverie.

OOC((Okay, not my best. But I hope you enjoy this post and approve of my entry into the world. This was kinda rushed, my apologies))
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:25 am

Uydr looks up from the hole he's dug and sees the cause of the sound that had disturbed him. A women at the edge of the forest.

Walking towards her noticing the distress in her body he says "Hello, need help?"
Back to top Go down
dreamshell

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:01 am

On the road, Tom is filled to the brim with excitement. This is the first time he has ever left Grey Lake and everything is new and fascinating to him. He weaves his mount through the procession of volunteer warriors (a bit clumsily so, not being the most skilled person to ever take horse), asking them questions about themselves and the world that they have gone out into and know much more intimately than him. Some ignore the boy or are quick tell him off, but most are friendly or at least polite and oblige him a bit. Eventually, Tom finds his way back beside Olaf and falls into a steady rhythm as he admires the scenery.

After several hours of riding at the center of the group, Olaf clears his throat. "You've never been out of the city, have you?"

“No,” Tom replies. “I’ve wanted to for a long time now, but Pa doesn’t like the idea.” Tom pauses, considering that he owes the man some gratitude. “I… I heard you and Pa talking. Thanks for speaking up for me and for offering to take me along.” Another pause and a question pops into his shaggy head. “Hey, what about you, Olaf? Do anything exciting out here afore you came to work for Pa?”

"I seen a lot of things in my day," Olaf answers. "Ran into some Greenies twenty some years ago, before I came to work at the Rusted Nail. That's what drove me to Grey Lake, no chance of running into those savages up there."

Tom knows of the Greenies of course; everyone does. They’re the sort of story parents tell when they want to scare the troublemaking out of their children. Greenies, or Green Ones as they are officially called, are an ancient tribe native to the southwestern land who live deep in a great forest so large it takes up nearly a fifth of the continent and remains mostly unexplored. The Green Ones have been around since history began, often demonized. They are said to eat lost children and wayward travelers with the same indifference one would give to eating deer.

"You don't ever want to run into one of them," Olaf tells the boy.

Rather than gulp in terror, Tom merely grins. He can’t wait to see more!

Unfortunately, when the party finally gets to Rivers Ridge, what he sees is death. The wild man from the Rusted Nail pronounces it plainly enough, tearing up and running off to help the villagers dig fresh graves for the fallen. It is a… disturbing sight.

Tom finds himself a bit too stunned to react much. He looks to Olaf for some idea of what to do with himself.

(Sorry, playing a bit of catch-up here.)
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:
More info: A simple former slave from a south-western land. He likes hitting things with sticks, so don't make him mad... especially if he has a stick

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:07 am

(OOC: I tried to post something similar to this Friday morning, but right when I hit the enter button my computer shut down for updates haha. It probably won't be as in-depth as the original post as I've been tied up untill now.)

Ulmark dismounts his horse and walks into the village, observing the burnt remains and few standing buildings. He accepts it with a grunt. After all, he had seen much in his travels, and incidents like this were common in the land from which he came, the only difference being that men caused this destruction and not dragons.

Ulmark quickly makes his way to the few standing buildings, and darts inside each one, flitting between them as quickly as he could. By the time he emerges from the last house, the pockets of his sack-cloth pants are bulging slightly more than usual, but if anybody notices, nobody makes a comment. After all, nobody knows if he even took anything (hint hint Firecouch, change this if you need to.)

During his wanderings, Ulmark comes across the beast-man feverishly digging graves. Ulmark dismisses him with a shake of the head, surprised that the rugged man would bother himself with those that no longer have purpose or value in life. As he walks by the grave, he looks down and notices the charred remains of a little girl, and he can feel something pulling on his heart. He hadn't felt anything like this for years, he had been trained not to, and he respectfully kicks some dirt into the grave, nodding to the beast-man as he passes, wielding a new understanding.

Last edited by Bo on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fefe
Fefe

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 am

Edge stands there watching the men as they work, and soon shakes her head as one of them approaches her. His speech was somewhat slow, and his sentence made sense, but has an air of ignorance.

"I'm fine thank you, just shocked to see this town in ruins..." she responds, then pauses. "Do you know what happened here sir?"
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 am

Uydr shakes his head "No, Came with solider."

Looks down, "Felt bad. Had to help." motioning to the ones still digging graves. Picks up shovel turns back to go help with the digging.
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm

As Ulmark continues to walk around the town looking for something to do, he eventually returns to the burial mound by chance. However, the beast-man is gone from his post at the graves. After a bit of searching, Ulmark sees him standing at the edge of the village talking to a woman he didn't see on the journey here.

Although he doesn't know the woman personally, Ulmark can tell she has the marks of the wanderer, and he fondly thinks back to a few of his own adventures. As he snaps out of his revelry, he notices that the beast-man has gone back to his digging, abandoning the young woman who still stands near the edge. Although he doesn't quite know why, Ulmark decides to see aproach her.

"Hello, I am Ulmark. You noticed the village, yes? It has been ruthlessly attacked, some have said by a dragon, but I am not so sure. So why have you come here? Do you wish to help as well?" He says, hoping is accent doesn't throw her off too much.
Back to top Go down
Fefe
Fefe

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 am

As one man leaves, another approaches and she looks at him as he speaks to her. Her cheeks flush in shyness, as she listens to his questions. Edge is not normally used to being noticed, most people see through her and not at her. Except for Ulmark and Uydr.

"Nice to meet you, sir. I am Edge Alabastor, gypsy extraordinaire!" she curtsied at this point, hoping he that he will crack a smile. "I just so happen to stumble upon this place, but I will gladly help where there is need." Edge nods and smiles at Ulmark, he seems like a nice fellow, so she keeps the rest of her background and curiosity to herself for now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 am

The knight addresses the group up their arriving on the scene. “We need someone to check the homes and offer aid to anyone within, we need some people helping to dig graves and bury the dead, and we need to figure out just what in the hells happened here.”

Before the knight had even suggests it, the man-beast picks up a shovel and goes to work, putting all of his energy into the task. He does the work of three men, and after half an hour he’s nearly dug a third of the grave. Others take up shovels as well, and though the duty is a grim one there developed an unspoken camaraderie among the men.

Olaf looks at the boy and said; “You’re welcome to help dig, but it’d be best if you looked around. If you find anything interesting, come back and let me know.”

Ulmark volunteers to search the homes, finding a man whose body is badly burned, all puss and blood from the waist up. Otherwise there isn’t anyone badly hurt. He checks all of the homes and after ducking in and out of a couple unoccupied homes, Ulmark’s pockets are bulging. He almost jammed three apples into one pocket but the third one kept sticking out so he put it in the other pocket. He also found a loaf of bread on a cooking stone, it was cold and a little hard, but he tore off a chunk of it and shoved it in atop the lone apple anyway. There wasn’t much else to take; their meager homes contained little. He put the two copper coins he’d found in separate pockets so they wouldn’t clang when he walked.

OOC: For more information on the types of things you might find in a peasant village click here.

At some point a young woman steps out of the woods and stands at the edge of the encampment. “She might be a survivor,” someone says. But before they even said that, Udyr dropped his shovel and walked over to talk to her; leaving the grim work of burying the bodies to the others. After talking to her for mere seconds however, he runs back to the graves and returns to digging; causing more than a few to shake their heads.

“He’s half animal and half mad!” one of the men says to another.

“I heard it said that he slept in the stables last night, cuddling up next to a horse,” comes the reply.

A stern look from the knight ends the conversation quickly.

Ulmark soon makes his way over to the woman who stands on the edge of the wood, engaging her in conversation while the rest of the group attempt to be useful.

[Mizal, I wasn’t sure where to direct your character so I didn’t touch her… And she’s lying if she tells you I did.]

[This has prompted me to update the Online RPG Concept thread, please read through it. (1 action per turn please)
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Ulmark listens to the young woman's ... energetic response and nods. "We need help here, if you want toassist us." At this point Ulmark turns and nods at the knight "ask him if there's anything you need to know." Having welcomed the woman, Ulmark turns and reports his own finding to the knight. After he reports his findings, Ulmark walks off to a secluded corner of the village and nibbles on the results of his... searching.
Back to top Go down
Fefe
Fefe

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 am

It is a whole different life from what she was used to. Edge was scared, but excited at the same time. When Ulmark mentioned a knight, her eyes light up as she looks to him. She had always heard good things about knights, but never actually met one. And the fact that one is standing only a few feet away continues to make her excitement grow. She looks at him and just watches him a moment, Edge knows she should ask to see what she can do to help. But something makes her hesitate a moment. It was not his look, nor the way he carries himself, nay it was something else entirely. A fascination. One that should probably be quashed the moment it starts. Edge cannot help herself, and even though she is certain he probably has a wife, she still wants to talk to him. Longer than a brief what do you need.

So, as she approaches him she takes her time to straighten out her clothing. When she finally reaches him, Edge hears a small meow at her feet. She looks down with a smile, then back up at the knight. As she does so, the sun shines perfectly behind him, casting him in an almost ethereal glow. She almost gasps, but catches herself and coughs instead.

"What do you need help with sir?" was all she managed to stammer out as she looked at him.
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:51 pm

As soon as the comments are made a change ripples through Uydr. He goes from a happy helper to a hunter instantly. He turned around and asks "Who insult me?". Rage clearly in his eyes, he then says "I have enough, with insults."

No one responds. They avoid eye contact with him and continue about their work.

"Your not men. You mice. Scared little mice." Uydr gladly smiles, and concentrating harder then he every has, he puts to gether his most complete thought yet.

"Your not a warrior. Your a coward and I will laugh as you run from all dangers."

He smiles knowing most men react aggressively when they are insulted.

Keeping an eye on each of the men to see if any reacts.

Seeing as nobody going to cough up to it. Uydr grabs his shovel. In his rage, throws it full strength at the nearest person who started to laugh and stalks off into the viliage.

[edit by admin, this was all role played through private message- just so no one thinks he's cheating]
Back to top Go down
Bo

Bo

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 pm

As Udyr begins to rant towards the soldiers nearest him, Ulmark looks up from his meal, surprised that the beast-man has actually said more than two sentences at a time. When Udyr throws his shovel, Ulmark merely smirks, amused by the looks of fear on the soldiers' faces. Hmm, it might not be as bad if he just had the smell of a wet bear, rather than the personality he thinks to himself, wielding a new respect for the fellow warrior.

After the beast-man storms off, Ulmark decides to follow seeing as it's a respite from the boredom. Ulmark sits cross-legged beside the beast-man, nail club in his lap, and offers Udyr his apple, an eyebrow raised as Ulmark waits to see how he reacts.
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 am

After going a ways off, and clamming down. Uydr sits next to a house, and is quite surprised when he sees a man with a nailed club offering an apple. Looking at the man he asks "For me?" pointing to the apple.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:15 am

update postponed until tomorrow night. if you have already posted you can choose to make any non-action moves (anything that is not a physical action) you wish. I was late on updating someone and I want to give them a chance to update with that info without getting screwed out of a post.
Back to top Go down
dreamshell

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Tom takes Olaf’s advice and starts to look around. He sees three people that he guesses to be residents by their ragged, partially burned clothing; one has the tan and robust build of a farmer, another sports a large belly beneath an apron and wears a soot-covered chef’s hat, and the last is a wrinkled, bony old woman in black. He approaches them anxiously.

“Um, hello,” he greets them. “You folks live here, right? Didja see what happened? I… I heard there was a dragon…”

The farmer shoots him a nasty look and Tom casts his eyes to his feet, daunted, to discover he is standing in ashes. The old woman reaches out and pats him on his shaggy head and he gazes back up at her.

“Never seen nothin’ like it in all my days,” she tells him, trying her best to offer him a comforting smile. “Fire, people cryin’ and talk of a dragon attackin’. I didn't see no dragons, but my son said there was one…”

Tom’s eyes widen as he grows fearful of the worst. The woman gives a small smile, in earnest this time, and pats his head again. “He's still alive, thank the gods. No, I didn't see no dragon, but I did see the demons—”

Demons?!” Tom exclaims.

The woman nods her wispy head. “Them demons came along with it, started takin’ women and killin’ men.” She pauses, dropping her pretense of matronly comfort and shivers. “They was horrible, just horrible…”

The large man, Tom presumes him a baker, pipes in. “Yeah, that dragon was some-thing else. I didn't even know what it was at first, it moved in real smooth-like, like it wasn't even walking.” He lifts up his dirty cap to scratch at his sweaty, balding forehead. “Didn't fly though,” he continues, “I heard dragons could fly. Maybe ‘cause the demons that came with it couldn't fly, I don't know.” He shrugs and rubs the stubble of his jowly chin, his eyes distant. “Damn thing caught houses on fire, burned a lot of ‘em to the ground. There were some people stuck inside those houses too, died in the fires…”

The baker frowns, having nothing further to say. But the farmer, looking livid now, approaches the boy with his index finger pointed accusingly.

“That dragon burned my crops, burned my house and burned my wife and babe,” he growls angrily, as if Tom has blasphemed merely by bringing it up. Tom backs up absentmindedly, kept from stumbling over a piece of charred wood by the old woman’s hand reaching out to touch his shoulder. The farmer blinks and seems to realize he’s lashed out unjustly. He turns away to look out at the carnage.

Damned dragon! I don't know how, but I'll find a way to avenge my family. I'm going to hunt that dragon down, I am, and when I find it... I'll…”

The man falls to one knee and pounds a fist into the ashy ground, beginning to sob quietly. “I dont know what,” he says through his tears, “but I'll kill it.. or die trying.”

Tom reaches out to put his hand on the farmer’s shoulder as the old woman did with him. “The people I came with are here to help, sir. Some are knights and some are just regular folk, but they can help.”

…Far off, Tom hears the commotion caused by Uydr completely losing it, followed by a loud, mysterious CLANG! sound. (I had to. XD)

([Some of this post was roleplayed through messages with Fire Couch] Sorry to be so late in posting again, guys. I’ll try to keep on top of things.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:07 pm

As Ulmark hands Uydr an apple, the knight walks up to the two of them.

"I'm glad the two of you are comfortable enough to stop and rest in the middle of all of this," he says to them. "Meanwhile, the rest of us are working our asses off over there. But it's great that you've found a place to hide and relax. When you're done relaxing next to a dead man's home you can walk yourselves back to Grey Lake or wherever you idiots came from."

He pauses to let his words sink in before adding. "Or, you can get over there and do what you are being paid to do. We can still use your help, no matter how much bullshit comes with it."

The knight doesn't wait for a response, he turns on his heel and starts to walk away. "By the way, it's fortunate that you throw like a small child. If that shovel had hit anyone you'd be bound up in chains and dragged back to Grey Lake by horse. If you pull something like that again I don't know that I can stop the others from killing you... I can't say I'll try too hard either."

With that he leaves them behind and starts off towards the others.

- - - - - - -

When Tom has collected his information he looks around for someone to report his findings to. He sees the knight walking away from a house, and the majority of the men are helping dig graves or cleaning up some of the ashes from one of the burnt homes. A few others are standing elsewhere, however; looking at somethinig on the ground.

- - - - - - -

When Edge catches the knight's eye as he leaves one of the houses, she is captivated. She almost completely ignores the small group of men that she walks past, even as they stare down at the earth commenting on the tracks and prints around them. One of them holds a scrap of wood, dyed or painted red.

The knight shakes his head in frustration and astonishment of the ignorance of the men within. Miscreants, he thinks.

Just then a woman coughs and captures his attention. He doesn't recall her from the rescue party and he's pretty sure she wasn't among the villagers when they arrived. "What do you need help with, sir?" she asks.

It catches him off guard. "Help?" he asks. "Yes, of course." He looks around. "There are graves to be dug if you're into that sort of thing my lady. But perhaps you would be better suited to helping us track this dragon. If so, speak with those gentlement over there; they may be able to help." He points to the small group of men that Edge had just walked past.

Figure out what you are or are not doing, talk with whom you will, for more involved NPC conversations just message me. Next update will hopefully involve tracking down the dragon (if you guys are ready to start doing that and/or have figured out what you need to figure out in order to go do that) As always, feel free to message me with any questions you amy have.
Back to top Go down
dreamshell

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:36 am

Ever curious, Tom is tempted to see what the others are looking at on the ground. However, he feels obligated to report to the knight and tell him what he’s learned; he knows Gil always wants to know the moment something out of the ordinary happens behind the scenes at the Rusted Nail. The boy opts for following after him.

“Sir, uh…” Tom realizes he doesn’t know the man’s name, the knight being one of the few he didn’t approach on the long trek to Rivers Ridge, mostly due to intimidation and having enough sense not to bother a man leading a group into potential danger with a bunch of nosy questions. “Sir Knight, sir! I’ve been talking to some of the locals and they all seem pretty sure it was a dragon that did…” Tom looks around, sobered once more by his surroundings “…that did this,” he continues. “Two of ‘em saw it, sir, and two also say they saw demons with it."

Remembering the farmer, he quickly adds, "And there's this one fella, he’s pretty torn up by what happened. The dragon… killed his wife and kid. Says he wants to avenge ‘em. Please, sir, he looks really strong; I bet he could help us, maybe even knows which way the dragon took off.”
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Laughing to himself and getting up Uydr says "Prick"

He finds this entire situation incredibly funny. Just like back at the freak show. He gets made fun of but here when he defends himself. He is the one that gets yelled at. The irony of the situation does not escape him.

Walking toward the group staring at something on the ground.

Uydr stops when he reaches the group. On the ground are a series of long two-toed foot prints, but what really catches his eye are the huge prints from the dragon... But for the size of them, the prints aren't pressed into the earth as much as he would have thought. Perhaps dragons are extremely light weight? It's hard to say, Uydr has never seen one.

Behind the prints are some narrow straight lined tracks that dig into the earth and lead off farther south toward the forrest.

Thinking he should report his findings to the knight, no matter how much of a prick he is, Uydr shouts out "Knight something wrong!" Pointing to the tracks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 am

After waiting momentarily for the girl to respond, Sir Talmark walked back to the fields and picked up a shovel. He began digging but it wasn’t long before he was interrupted again; this time by the kid from the inn.

At first, when the boy starts talking to him the knight took it for a farce, but as Tom went on things became far more interesting. Why the hell didn’t I think to talk to the witnesses? Sir Reinhold Talmark asks himself. It is a strange tale, demons and dragons and women being carried off in the night. None of it makes sense.

Sir Reinhold had to ask the kid to repeat parts of his story, however; because the missing-link kept yelling about something being wrong, and gesturing emphatically like some sort of baboon. When Tom was done reporting his findings the old knight smiled and shook his hand.

“Thank you, my boy,” he says. “You’ve done fine work. Now, I have to go check on a certain buffoon before he starts throwing shovels again.” With that the knight walked off to see if he could figure out what Uydr was trying to tell him.

“Something wrong,” the beast man says.

“There’s plenty of demon tracks around here,” one of the other men who was inspecting the marks said. He is a thick bearded man by the name of Yornok, a hunter and tracker. He was crouched down on the ground over the marks. “A few dragon prints, but not many, and these tracks…” he says pointing at the long impressions in the earth, “these tracks are wheels.

“The crazy jungle man has the right of it,” Yornok says standing up. “The tracks go South into Derbshire Forest.”

“Do you think Uydr can sniff out the trail,” one of them said. A few laughed, but not as many as before.

I wonder if he really could, the knight thinks, aloud he asks something else. "Who among you can track something down for us?"
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:16 am

Thinking on how these people were attacked by a dragon and demons, Uydr finds it odd that all of this seems stage almost like a show. Thinking back on the days he spent in the freak show as a captive. He remembered someone people called a fire breather, who could make a small flame turn into a large fireball by spitting alcohol. He immediately figures out that this is how they could make a dragon fake blowing fire. This attack was done by nothing more then show men.

Smiling, Uydr looks toward the Knight and then gestures to the "supposed" dragon prints "Dragon huge creature, breathes fire. Prints not deep enough, not the size as dragon. Fire made by Circus fire breathers. Entire attack Fake. I can track." He then looks towards the knight expectantly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1   Grey Lake 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Lake 1
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next